|Date:||September 27, 2019|
|Time:||9:00 am - 4:30 pm|
|Address:||450-505 Burrard Street, Vancouver|
One of the first steps to becoming COR certified is to identify an internal champion who will lead the process for your organization and become a knowledgeable resource about COR. The COR internal auditor is an employee of an organization who completes the auditor training for the purpose of conducting internal COR maintenance audits and developing the program. This individual should be familiar with all aspects of your safety management system. Depending on the size and complexity of your operation, you may decide that more than one internal auditor is needed, to share the COR auditing responsibilities.
The COR Internal Auditor Training consists of approximately 15 hours of training; 7.5 hours online, self-paced learning and 7.5 hours of in-person, classroom learning. The training covers the following:
- an overview of the COR program;
- an in-depth look at the individual COR audit elements;
- how to prepare for a student audit;
- how to conduct an audit using the go2HR COR audit tool: documentation, observation and interview techniques;
- how to prepare a COR audit submission: scoring audit questions and writing notes;
- post-audit activities and follow up- what happens next;
- how to maintain your status as a COR internal auditor.
The classroom session is preceded by an online portion, which is self-paced. The online portion must be completed prior to attending the classroom session. This preparation is designed to give all students a common base of knowledge concerning the COR audit process, ready for the classroom session.
The course costs $199 plus GST and includes breakfast pastries, lunch and hard copy training materials, provided during the classroom session, as well as access to the online portion.
This session is now full. Please contact the go2HR Industry Health & Safety Team and we will add you to our waitlist for future sessions.