|Date:||September 11, 2018|
|Time:||8:00 am - 11:00 am|
|Venue:||The Vancouver Playhouse|
|Address:||600 Hamilton Street, Vancouver|
Join Tourism Vancouver and Alex Hunter as we navigate topics surrounding the changing landscape of our industry, brand loyalty and the guest experience. Opening and closing remarks from Ty Speer, President & CEO of Tourism Vancouver.
- 8:00am - 9:00am: Registration, refreshments & networking
- 9:00am - 9:15am: Opening Remarks, Ty Speer, President & CEO, Tourism Vancouver
- 9:15am - 10:45am: Keynote Session, Alex Hunter
- 10:45 - 11:00am: Closing Remarks, Ty Speer, President & CEO, Tourism Vancouver
About the Keynote Session:
The consumer landscape has changed. New businesses unencumbered by antiquated systems, processes and people are in the process right now of disrupting the travel industry, engaging clients and guests, and reimagining travel and tourism. Key to survival in this brave new world is the importance of evolving your brand and client/guest experience.
Highlights of the session include:
- Understanding that the winners in 2018 and beyond will be those who forget the transaction and focus on the relationship
- That the key to success is understanding the emotional connection guests have with brands
- All the wonderful data that we collect can be used to create powerful individual experiences
- Tiny gestures and acknowledgements can have a huge impact on guest loyalty but also positively affect the bottom line
- Brand consistency across all customer touchpoints creates a unified experience and removes potential "weakest links" in customer experience
- You have a community, you just might not call it that. And they are hugely powerful
About Alex Hunter:
Alex Hunter is a branding and customer experience expert, keynote speaker, and angel investor. Alex was part of the founding team of award-winning US airline Virgin America. His work at Virgin America was covered by Time magazine, CNN, and CNBC, and received several accolades including ad:tech and Webby Award honors. He also served as the global Head of Online for the Virgin Group, overseeing the Virgin brand’s global digital strategy in its entirety, as well as Sir Richard Branson’s personal digital strategy.
Alex is also the creator and host of Attaché, an award-winning online travel show, aimed at showing frequent travellers all they need to know before visiting a city on company business.
Alex is a highly regarded public speaker, appearing all over the world at major industry events such as ad:tech, Future of Web Apps (London, Las Vegas, Dublin, and Miami) and Thinking Digital. Other clients include Twitter, Volkswagen, L'oreal, IKEA, Cisco, Deloitte, Procter & Gamble, O2, CapitalOne and the BBC.